Every so often I take a moment to feel grateful about the way that all of my experiences in the doctorate program (teaching, coordinating, mentoring, research, taking classes inside and outside of my department, presenting at conferences, service and workshop etc.) complement and sometimes contrast.
My philosophy on education parallels in a lot of ways my philosophy in life. We are here to learn as much as we can and to constantly improve. For this reason, I am always pushing myself to expand upon my knowledge which is why I decided to complement the studies within my program with the certificate in online instruction through the School of Education. Regardless of how it may or may not impact future job prospects for me, I am incredibly grateful for the exposure to new methodologies and practices, opportunities for reflection and growth, and most of all to the thoughts and opinions of so many individuals with varied backgrounds and experiences.
No comments:
Post a Comment