Friday, August 7, 2015

So this is the end.... (final post week 6)

It seems appropriate to end my blog participation with a reflection on the main things I've learned in this class.  For cohesion with my former post, I'll make a list:


  • I added a ton of new resources to my toolbag.  Not only that but I feel like I am comfortable using them and have a good idea of their strengths and limitations.
  • I put myself on a regular routine for interaction with Web 2.0 resources and can see the benefit in maintaining that.
  • I gave myself permission to personally dislike a number of Web 2.0 resources without feeling like I'm "missing out" or that there much just be some wonderful thing about them that I'm just not getting and if I only tried harder to get used to them..... nope.  Some things are not for me.
  • I researched out to circles I already have in social media and drew in more resources from these individuals, incorporating them into my PLN.
  • I connected with new resources and communities online, becoming a member and incorporating them into my PLN.

I feel like my list could continue, but overall I would say that I fulfilled one of my personal objectives for my participation in this course:  I feel more confident, equipped and informed to incorporate Web 2.0 resources into my online and F2F instruction practice.  I say that is a WIN!  

Thanks to all of my classmates that have interacted with me, commented on the blog, questioned me and made me think.  Also to the instruction team for being supportive, responsive and knowledgable.  What a great class!

1 comment:

  1. Still can't believe it is the last day of class! Anyway, it was so great to meet you in this course and thank you for keeping this interesting blog! I learned a lot! Amy, have a great summer and I will see you again, coming Fall! :)

    ReplyDelete